- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle pain
- Sore throat
- New loss of taste or smell
This list is not all inclusive. Other less common symptoms have been reported, including gastrointestinal symptoms like nausea, vomiting or diarrhea.
- patients will be required to wear a mask with the following exceptions: asthma or other respiratory condition, and being treated while prone (face down)
If you do not have a mask, a new one will be provided to you free of charge.
- a COVID-19 intake and consent form must be filled out online prior to each treatment. They will be sent via email.
- body temperature check with a forehead or no-contact thermometer
- oxygen levels will be measured with a pulse oximeter,
- should any patient not pass the screening, they will be referred to their medical doctor or the local health department for evaluation and informed and may not proceed with acupuncture treatment until they have a negative COVID-19 test documented or are cleared by their doctor.
- after passing the screening, patient must wash hands for at least 20 seconds prior to their treatment
- Body temperature of 100.4 or higher is considered a fever
- oxygen (O2) level below 95 is considered hypoxia.
- NOTE: some people with a history of chronic respiratory issues (i.e. asthma, COPD) may have chronically low O2 levels of 93-94, and may continue with treatment as long as they have no other symptoms of COVID-19. Readings lower than 93 is considered critical and requires medical referral.